What I enjoyed the most about my campaign for state rep, and the five years of owning and running a store on Maine Street, were the conversations. Whether about backyard composting or rooftop solar, I find it endlessly fascinating to explore how we can lead Maine by personal example to a greener future.
So, I’m looking forward to continuing that conversation through this personal blog.
My main focus recently has been looking for interesting work. Hope to have some news on that front soon.
Here’s what else I’m up to:
- Steering Committee member and Legislative Analyst, Maine Green Independent Party
- Greener Mainers blog
- F.W. Horch Sustainable Living Handbook (under development)
Here are some Maine organizations that I think are doing important work:
- Shift Sustainable Home Goods (the new owners of F.W. Horch Sustainable Goods & Supplies!)
- Midcoast Maine Hunger Prevention Program
- 350 Maine
- Maine Interfaith Power & Light
- Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association
- Fedco Co-Op Garden Supplies
- ReVision Energy
- Maine Green Building Supply
- The Green Store
- The Sunrise Guide
I better stop there… I could keep going for a while!
The fact that there are so many organizations doing such great work here makes me all the more thankful to be writing this from Brunswick, Maine. We may not yet be completely enjoying the way life should be, but we can see it from here!